Hi Noa,
Not sure if you still want us to do an introductory post along with the hw submission. So, guess I'll do it anyways. I already submitted a few samples of my work the week before class started and my portfolio is still a work in progress. I tend to use instagram mostly as a digital portfolio for tracking my progress. If anyone is interested feel free to give it a look (www.instagram.com/sketchnsteinz/). My current occupation is working as a draftsman for an architectural firm, but I am looking to make the switch over to illustration. And, lastly my goals for this course is to have 1-2 polished images that I can use as portfolio pieces. Also to get better at rendering of course.
Here are the rough studies I have done so far.
Here is one of the images that I chose to push further,
And here are the reference photos that I used
I will probably do a few more before sunday rolls around, but for now figured I would submit what I have done.







Paintover: https://i.gyazo.com/e9058663665c7cc0f768c0f53df0e6e8.png
ReplyDeleteGif: https://i.gyazo.com/95bb25385b02d2d38520116a7d2a0d38.mp4
Hello Kris, I think you did a great job with turning the light+shadows into shapes for all of these studies.
For the paintover, I saw that the values were becoming more and more high contrast causing the statue to look as if it was made out of a darker bronze material. To bring back the marble feel, I brightened up the right side overall and added back in the darkest shadows as small accents.