Thursday, 3 May 2018

Homework - weeek 3

So i decided to start from scratch ...
I'm glad i did .. i felt more comfortable during this painting.
 All your stuff looks great guys !!!


3 comments:

  1. Great work Simon!! I think this turned out much stronger than your first NPC even though I did like your previous one as well.
    My feed back is that I feel as though the red and the lamps are fighting for attention a bit too much at the moment.

    my paintover: https://i.gyazo.com/330a484a34467ade013427d395a39a0c.png
    gif: https://i.gyazo.com/40cc403ac9724f236f5f9b764ec26b5f.mp4

    And I felt like the lighting of the yellow is so strong and adds that flare of mystery/ominance to this piece, so I really thought it would be cool to emphasize it! It also adds a great flow of direction to the NPC's face as well. The staff can also be used as a device to lead the eyes towards the face.
    Flow lines: https://i.gyazo.com/bd4735f72289a9a352f1868d927dc1ac.png

    So to balance the image and bring out an overall harmony to this piece, I used the split complimentary (cyan-blue, red+yellow) and made it so that the yellow lights take a larger presence. (If this wasn't your aim please excuse me! I just personally think it's a great direction to head towards)

    I think the primary light being this diffused blue lighting up a portion of his face also adds this ominous/untrustworthy and sea-creature vibe.

    Extra: I also changed his eyes to be more anatomically correct for a sea creature because it creates an added effect of that bounce red light on his right eye (our left) to make him seem even more menacing! This was the only reason, if it's not the type of eye you were going for, feel free to disregard this change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you Noa!

Hey Noa, just wanted to say a big thank you for offering your time to teach. It was both extremely fun and informative for me and for ever...