Thursday, 3 May 2018

Homework week 3

Here I continued my merchant, I added light and colors but I'm still struggling with the dress lighting effect

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lea! Here is a quick paintover: https://gyazo.com/0d993a9c8dd49ffa9a32a8b5b6d6a56b
    and gif: https://i.gyazo.com/0d993a9c8dd49ffa9a32a8b5b6d6a56b.mp4

    A backlit fabric is a difficult subject to tackle and I'll be talking about it a bit during class this Sunday, but I think you're on a great start. The fabric that's in the back should be relatively lighter/more washed out than the foreground fabric but very slightly, as the light washes the difference out quite a bit. With that, I think you can up the saturation of the edges of shadows quite a bit to give it the "glow" effect.

    I also roughly added more color to her skin since all the colors were starting to merge a bit. I've added some strong specular highlight to a few of the bottles as well to really emphasize the shiny glass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much! I don't know if I will have time until sunday but I'll try to correct it. Having to deal with a difficult subject such as a backlit fabric can be a challenge to help me improve.

      Delete

Thank you Noa!

Hey Noa, just wanted to say a big thank you for offering your time to teach. It was both extremely fun and informative for me and for ever...