Tuesday, 29 May 2018

Shen Jia - Week 06 (Follow Up)

Redid this a bit at home and tried to apply the feedback. I feel like I'm starting to grasp layer management better than before.

Still like the eye-bleeding saturated colours haha, but I do feel the piece is a bit stronger overall as is.




Have a great week!

:3

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shen, this is looking good! I don't think there's anything wrong with using high saturation. It's just when using saturation you have to be conscious of where you want the eyes to be drawn and balance out with resting points. I think the pale areas of the hair as well as the armor+metal+backgrounds are acting as good balancers now so that you can really go at it for the red tunic and the feathers.

    Here's just a very slight paintover since I already did a bit of it during class last week.
    https://i.gyazo.com/44cc2b980f04baa9f8a78e1ea0ba2ba4.jpg
    https://i.gyazo.com/055f3ba88727303bdfd776f123dde09f.mp4

    ReplyDelete

Thank you Noa!

Hey Noa, just wanted to say a big thank you for offering your time to teach. It was both extremely fun and informative for me and for ever...