Wednesday, 2 May 2018

week3_Kris Steinz

Hi Noa! 
Here is my attempt at coloring my merchant. I made a few revisions to the figure before coloring based off of your red lines. Let me know your thoughts and criticisms please. Thank you!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Kris! I'm sorry I wasn't available yesterday.
    Here is my paintover: https://gyazo.com/fcd9b72c90393222f52038b2202df87a

    And a Gif comparison: https://i.gyazo.com/fcd9b72c90393222f52038b2202df87a.mp4

    I think I accidentally got a bit of the menacing look of hers washed out, but please disregard that. It's mostly just a concentration on colors. It's starting to look a bit muddy where I think you over emphasized the color regions of the face. It's incredibly subtle, think 5-7 opacity at most.

    Another thing I emphasized on was atmospheric perspective. Just a splash of the ambient lighting onto areas that fall towards the background like the curve of the cape, leg, hat, and the back of the cape near the bag. It brings out the depth more than just dark values alone. (also added bonus of bringing out the shape of the bag from the cape more)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PNG: https://i.gyazo.com/c41486652f13579c643e7a4901facecb.png

    ReplyDelete

Thank you Noa!

Hey Noa, just wanted to say a big thank you for offering your time to teach. It was both extremely fun and informative for me and for ever...