Hi,
I'm really starting to feel I've improved!
Fabric is still really hard to render. I would like to have more contrast in the fabric without making it too dark. Also, when do I know when to stop rendering the satin like skirt thing?
The lighting is diffuse sun light and comes from the right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you Noa!
Hey Noa, just wanted to say a big thank you for offering your time to teach. It was both extremely fun and informative for me and for ever...
-
Here's my lemon dealer merchant, I hope you enjoy !! looking forward to seeing all of your work
-
Hey Noa, hope your week's been great! Here's what I managed to put out: I spent pretty much half the time just tweaking the...
-
I felt like starting a new painting... So here's what i have so far... Ill be pushing it further with some photobashing and rendering by...

Hello Isabelle,
ReplyDeleteI love the flow of the fabric so much! I think your value sectioning is getting much better as well.
For the fabric, it pained me to do so but I think we need to simplify the folds just a bit.
https://i.gyazo.com/66e8b36cdd7b5ec97af87f82552502de.png
mp4: https://i.gyazo.com/624860aef9b4fa7f43db260d1a14e44a.mp4
While the folds you drew were lovely, the major shapes were starting to get lost (and that's when you know you've gone too far into the rendering).
https://i.gyazo.com/22f30e434fc47e3c42099136acb136ed.png <-rough redline of major shapes
I didn't change the value range of the skirt but it looks like there is more volume to it because I've sectioned off the values and folds to better represent those large shapes. Right now all the values you've used in the skirt is dispersed pretty evenly throughout so it looks flatter despite the use of the same amount of values. I also painted over the pantaloons to show this as well (I only eyedropped from the already existing values).
It sounds simple, but I think this is one of the hardest things I've learned to do with rendering so please take your time with this! I hope it helps and great work so far!