Wednesday, 16 May 2018

Kris Week 5

Hi Noa, 
Im having some trouble with figuring out the best way to approach coloring. Its a little overwhelming. Is it best to start with a general tone and color the individual aspects related to that tone. Or is it also okay to just start coloring the individual aspects and adjust things as you go along. Any guidance would be very much appreciated

Thank you



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kris. I generally recommend setting the overall tone and coloring the individual aspects to that tone, but I know it can be hard for some people (including me!). That's why unless I actually flip between the two quite often: https://i.gyazo.com/1314b3ed452c579ab2b055b52bdc6960.jpg

    However, even with setting the colors first, I don't ever render it without figuring out the lighting and tone. I think it's important to get that done before rendering to help you save time in the future and keep things looking much more uniform.

    I think you're doing great with the posing so far! As for the drapery, I think the overal shapes you have are good but you're starting to dive into the folds a bit too fast without clearly indicating the form underneath first with light+shadow.
    https://i.gyazo.com/feabc24def9c3e90c8a59d4dd4ae3eee.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/22ebf36fb658704225ef557bab04ca94.mp4
    (I lightened the bg a bit so it's easier to see in case you were wondering why I did that)
    After doing that, we can go on to creating the smaller wrinkles: https://i.gyazo.com/cee9bf993200b1d5d50845fd707a487a.png

    ReplyDelete

Thank you Noa!

Hey Noa, just wanted to say a big thank you for offering your time to teach. It was both extremely fun and informative for me and for ever...