Hey Noa, hope your week's been great!
Here's what I managed to put out:
I spent pretty much half the time just tweaking the face just to get the eyes to not look too weird. My weak anatomy foundation is really starting to show haha. 😅
Have to admit that I stopped looking at references for the cloth after the clothing slowly got crushed to black...Sorry the cloth rendering exercise was lost.
Also, once again I merged all my layers after I started having a hard time managing all the layers. Ended up haunting me as the line layer was messy and was all done in pure black.
Saturday, 19 May 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you Noa!
Hey Noa, just wanted to say a big thank you for offering your time to teach. It was both extremely fun and informative for me and for ever...
-
Here's my lemon dealer merchant, I hope you enjoy !! looking forward to seeing all of your work
-
Hey Noa, hope your week's been great! Here's what I managed to put out: I spent pretty much half the time just tweaking the...
-
I felt like starting a new painting... So here's what i have so far... Ill be pushing it further with some photobashing and rendering by...

Hey Shen,
ReplyDeleteThis is a hard area for me to give feedback to because I feel like some of it has to do with style, which is not something I want to influence in shaping through paint overs.
What I mean by that is I see that you enjoy drawing large eyes, but every other part that you draw seems to veer towards wanting to paint realistically. Which is a hard balancing act especially when you want to draw more serious looking characters.
I tried to keep the eyes larger than what I would usually select for this type of style/character but as you can see with the editing of the other areas it begins to look...off.
https://i.gyazo.com/6668a8f11a1d4bbbae61efd8531efd55.png
https://i.gyazo.com/601dbd0489dc5ad6d6ddce081af8802c.png
With the skull overlay
And if we were to conform to the skull more, this would be my opinion of what the ideal proportions for their eyes to be, looking at the proportions of everything else:
https://i.gyazo.com/39fcf8475816c27ebc5848799c310a9d.png
mp4: https://i.gyazo.com/33c37a9f286418c250cd9b77212091f0.mp4
So as you can see it changes the style and look quite a bit which I'm not 100% comfortable deciding for you. I feel like you're trying to merge a style like raunjia's with more anime proportions which can easily lead to uncanny valley in my opinion.
As for your merging, please save a separate file with the layers or use dropbox to work from so you can always recover a previously saved version of the file. That should help with your constant hauntings!
Thanks for the feedback!
ReplyDeleteI'll keep all that in mind for next time.
I really don't mind if you break the style completely as it always helps me see new things I haven't thought of. Even if it happens to completely go against what I was planning, it's always cool to see a different approach, especially if you find it's easier to convey something. :D