Friday, 11 May 2018

week4_Kris

Hi Noa,
Heres my current progress. Im not to happy with how its turned out, but I still have a lot of polishing to do. 


1 comment:

  1. Hey Kris! I think it's coming along great!
    I love the colors you used.
    I can see that the face is starting to look a little off balance and you seem to be having some trouble with the nose area.
    Here is my paintover in hopes that it will help:
    https://i.gyazo.com/f824dfd3a654409c4ba03eb2604cbf58.jpg
    mp4: https://i.gyazo.com/397b12f5586e6f6d8448c412c6b20718.mp4

    I mostly just cleaned up her nose area of the face and widened the eye further from us to look more even in size with the one closer to us. I imagine you wanted to make one eye squinting a bit more, but it would have been more effective if you made the smile curve upwards more on the squinting side. Like so (or vice versa): https://i.gyazo.com/5ca8842151e99f89a0fcc4550488f410.png
    because it's really hard for faces to squish different sides of the face.

    I also noticed that the ear was starting quite far back from her head and also causing a tangent with her hat. I as a viewer can't tell if that was very deliberate or an accident and I apologize if there was a very specific reason you picked to do that, but tangents are usually frowned upon as it creates a blurring of design features.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you Noa!

Hey Noa, just wanted to say a big thank you for offering your time to teach. It was both extremely fun and informative for me and for ever...